I am the only one to find jpeg junk?

Started Mar 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
ScottD1964 Senior Member • Posts: 1,897
Re: RAF vs JPEG example

stevo23 wrote:

webber15 wrote:

Currently only have the software that came with the Xpro2...Silkypix.

Dave...

So that's a problem in and of itself. You need LR and add the Nik plugins. That's my recommended minimum for getting off the ground with PP.

No it's not. Iredient and Silky pix provide the best RAW conversion for Fuji RAF files by far. My opinion.

And there lies a larger issue in the RAW debate. You can ask 100 different people what the best workflow is for PP and get 200 different answers. I like LR and Nik, I like Capture One, I like my Adobe work flow but Fuji needs to get rid of X Trans because Adobe can't figure out how to get the images to come out well so it's Fuji's fault, etc, etc, etc.

Granted, if shooting .jpeg there are pretty much as many in camera settings you can adjust that if you and I shot the same image at the same time they may look completely different due to the variances in our choice of settings.

Scott

-- hide signature --

"Keep Calm and .JPEG On"

ScottD1964's gear list:ScottD1964's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PT
(unknown member)
PT
PT
PT
PT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow