Gx85 for Travel?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeff4500
Jeff4500 OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,647
Re: Gx85 for Travel?

<edit to add: I see where you want the better video stabilization from the GX85. I was using an external mic on the GX8 for better audio with video so that probably explains more why I would be happy with just two GX8's>

I also use an external mic and mostly use a Tascam D60 with Rhode VMP for sound (can use this setup with the Gx85 also). I love the Gx8, but that small size difference means a smaller travel case and the ability to shoot 4K video with the 9-18 stabilized for stills and video. I often do video from a tripod, and when need handheld motion video on the Gx8 use the 12-35 & 1080P 60 fps for handheld stabilized video. Also find that using the 12-35 IS only I get handheld 4k video pans and no walking shots that Mercalli PRO can stabilize perfectly. This kit is really about having a smaller kit so my wife sees that I am trying not to make every trip photocentric (new word:)).

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff4500's gear list:Jeff4500's gear list
Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow