Brian wrote:

JulesJ wrote:

Brian wrote:

JulesJ wrote:

Brian wrote:

Degania Alef wrote:

Happiness report: Norway is the happiest place on Earth

(quote)

Norway is the happiest place on Earth, according to a United Nations agency report - toppling neighbour Denmark from the number one position.

The World Happiness Report measures "subjective well-being" - how happy the people are, and why.

Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland and and Finland round out the top five, while the Central African Republic came last.

Western Europe and North America dominated the top of table, with the US and UK at 14th and 19th, respectivel
(unquote)

So the happiest country is essentially a monoethnic white country that has little sunlight for much of the year.

How little you know. In summer Norway has exceedingly long days, in fact above the Arctic circle the sun does not set for part of the year. The long summer evenings even in the south of Norway are a delight. It's amusing that ignorant people sometimes think of Norway as all ice and snow.

How little I know?? Did I say anything about Norway not having long summer nights and beautiful landscapes? No. I just mentioned the long nights much of the year. And then you decided that the rest. Good job there Jules. Fail.

Come on Brian, don't turn into an 'always right', 'never wrong' pap! And using the word 'fail'. You are better than that

You stated... is essentially a monoethnic white country that has little sunlight for much of the year.

For your info....On 1 January 2013, the number of immigrants or children of two immigrants residing in Norway was 710,465, or 14.1% of the total population. Not exactly monoethnic.

I put you straight.

So like 85.9% are Norwegian? And then of the 14% that aren't, how many of them are white Europeans? About half? So is it as monoethnic as say Japan? No. But for European countries, it is. Yes, countries like Finland are even more Mono ethnic. But I stand by my statement. Monoethnic.

If I was Pap, I would say I was technically correct and you were wrong. But I won't . However if you were to be in Oslo as often as I am, you would notice many coloured people.

I imagine most immigrants prefer staying in the larger cities. In Japan you see a lot of foreigners in the big cities. Not so much in the country side except for the occasional English teacher. I suspect that would be the case in Norway as well. I may have to make a trip there one of these days.

You should. My son calls Norway 'Europe's hidden secret'. As for your comment above, note that Oslo contains about a quarter of the country's population.

Happiness is what you make of life. Your happiness is not defined by the country you reside in.

I think one's happiness has a lot to do with one's environmnet.

Although there are plenty of places that would be challenging to be happy in.

-- hide signature --

Brian
"Please excuse the crudity of this model. I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it. " - Doc. Brown

-- hide signature --

“A beautiful print is a thing in itself, not just a halfway house on the way to the page.” – Irving Penn

-- hide signature --

Brian
"Please excuse the crudity of this model. I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it. " - Doc. Brown

-- hide signature --

“A beautiful print is a thing in itself, not just a halfway house on the way to the page.” – Irving Penn

-- hide signature --

Brian

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Brian

-- hide signature --

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow