2nd camera choice help

Started Mar 22, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
UncleChip Regular Member • Posts: 193
2nd camera choice help

so i have decided to come over to Sony mirroless

I have a few reasons but keeping the kit light has been relativity high up there,

so far for my main kit I have come up with

Sony A7rii

Voigtländer 15mm III lens

Sony T 35mm F/2.8  Lens

Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 Lens

Zeiss 85mm Batis F1.8 lens

Sony 70-300 mm lens

its my backup kit i am struggling with, it is either a sony a6500 + 16-70 & 10-18 or a A7ii and a 24-70 f4,

I dont do any sports, I do a bit of wildlife, but i do have several family weddings coming up(not paid) and may do some paid weddings, I have a canon m3 for travel

the thought of doing a wedding without a 24-70 is scary, I have put together the main kit with size and weight in mind, I have left out the 16-35 and 24-70 for this reason,

when i have done weddings in the past i have never used my backup camera, i find 2 bulky dslrs with lenses just too heavy, and i am wondering if 2 a7xx with primes is a good choice,

2 x A7xx also makes scene for the upgrade path, as i upgrade i would drop the A7ii and keep the A7r11 as the backup, whereas with A7xx and A6xx I would have 2 bodies to upgrade,

but for the same price the a6500 is new and improved over an older a7ii,

UncleChip's gear list:UncleChip's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +6 more
Canon EOS M3 Sony a6500 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow