PanaLeica 12-60/2.8-4.0 OIS test support required

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Nemo0815 Contributing Member • Posts: 753
Re: PanaLeica 12-60/2.8-4.0 OIS test support required

kbouk wrote:

Nemo0815 wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to start a small test for PL 12-60 owners, following up on my other thread here For this I'd like some of you early adopters of the PL 12-60 to do the following:

Settings:

A - Mode, single shot

F4.0

60mm focal length

OIS - ON (on Olympus bodies, make sure that lense IS is prioritized!)

Center AF field (using auto focus), or MF whichever you prefer!

Now please focus on something further away (e.g. a landscape etc. with some structure like tries which allow judging sharpness) where you can assume that the focus plane is equal for the left and right sides (e.g. no trees etc which are closer to you on the left than on the right side).

Take 10 shots handheld, trying to keep the AF field at the same point during all shots, then turn OFF OIS on the lense using the lense switch and take another 5 shots.

Take a look at the left sides of the 10 shots first, at 100% view and compare them for sharpness, then do the same for the right sides.

Finally do the same for the 5 shots without OIS and tell me what you see.

Thanks!

You don't have to change menu option on newer Olympus bodies to make sure that lense IS is prioritized with Lumix lens which have separate button for IS as the 12-60, have a look at the manual, when there is a button it controls the priority for Lumix lens with the ON OFF switch.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Costas

Thank you, wasn't aware of this.

Nemo0815's gear list:Nemo0815's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow