D500 fails to turn off and is unresponsive

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
n057 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,893
Re: D500 fails to turn off and is unresponsive

Virtual Photon wrote:

LouCioccio wrote:

I hate that when it happens. I think I read somewhere (not sure if was Nikon or Olympus) to leave the battery out overnight to completely discharge any caps. One of the reasons when I was shooting weddings I had 5 bodies and 5 flashes plus an assortment of lenses. I had enough backups.

I have had mine since April (knock on wood) plus a Nikon Battery Grip; so far no complaints or oddities.

Lou Cioccio

I thought about leaving it overnight without a battery, but you know this shouldn't happen in any case. Clearly there is an issue:

And if I'm out in the field, the last thing I'm free to do is just let it sit overnight. Hopefully whatever the flukey part is will be replaced. I really like the camera . . .

Funny, I also notice it does not show the card type (above and to the right of the battery icon). I only have an XQD card in mine and the XQD icon shows whether the camera is on or off.

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow