Rebel XSI as a travel Camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
shirschb2 New Member • Posts: 4
Rebel XSI as a travel Camera

I was wondering if anyone  can help me ???

here is my situation:

I was given a Canon Rebel XSI from my sister that has very very low shutter count (2009 actuation's) I was thinking of using it as a "travel camera" so I don't have to haul around my 5DMK3 all of the time

Here is my current lens line up:

Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Canon 17-40 F4L

Canon 24-105 F4L

Canon 10-22

Canon 70-200mm F2.8L

Canon 50mm F1.4

Canon 100mm F2

I was going to upgrade the body to a Rebel T5i but from what I have read the image quality is not that big of a difference....so why spend the money...(no interest in movie taking )....this upgrade decision is driving me crazy can you please give me some help please ???

My main camera is a 5DmkIII which I absolutely love ....however when traveling I hate it to much weight to carry around and worry about breakage and theft...I was thinking about buying a point and shoot and I have access to a Canon Powershot G16 if I really want to go that route

but I really don't, when I use it I am really limited....my only other real concern is low light with the Rebel XSI my best friend says to rent the Sigma 24MM F1.8 lens any suggestions would be extremely help to end this madness

thanks in advance for your help Stu

Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i) Canon PowerShot G16
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow