Best value for money digital camera for zoom editing

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Markr041 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,480
Re: Best value for money digital camera for zoom editing

BillSprague wrote:

Markr041 wrote:

BillSprague wrote:

To the topic, can anyone say why the Sony AX-53, with its exceptional handheld stabilization, not be a good choice for the OP?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1211905-REG/sony_fdrax53_b_fdr_ax53_4k_ultra_hd.html

-- hide signature --

Because the camera will be mounted on a tripod, unmanned, to shoot a concert. So there is no need for superior stabilization. I would think low-light ability for concert videos would be more important, and while the AX53 is pretty good in low light, it has a really small sensor (same as the X3000).

Mark,

You are right, I forgot the tripod part.

My experience is that stages really are not low light. My now "old" small sensor Panasonic camcorder does well when pointed at even a school stage.

It is always hard to suggest cameras to people who say they want to shoot video but also suggest they don't know much about it. It takes me back to my first camcorder where I was surprised at how well the automatic modes worked regardless of where I pointed it.

Rarely does anyone take my advice! I should probably quit doing it!

-- hide signature --

You are right that many stage productions light up the stage brightly, though this is sometimes less so for string quartet concerts! So, you may be right that the AX53 is a perfectly reasonable choice.

It is frustrating when good advice is ignored (often). But that does not always happen, and indeed, the silent readers of the threads may benefit even if the OP does not.

Markr041's gear list:Markr041's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic LX100 Sony RX100 IV Panasonic ZS100 Olympus TG-5 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xi5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow