Oly 45mm F1.8 vs Nikon 32mm F1.2

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 23,379
Re: Oly 45mm F1.8 vs Nikon 32mm F1.2

IVN wrote:

captura wrote:

jwilliams wrote:

IVN wrote:

I had nothing better to do, so I compared the IQ of the Nikon 32mm F1.2 with the Olympus 45mm F1.8. And it didn't go well for the Nikon.

From what I see the Nikon wins in as many places than the Oly. Center looks sharper with better contrast. The first edge shot looks better on the Nikon. The second one is better on the Oly. Your lens is probably decentered to some degree. The lights shot is better on the Oly. So no real big win I see here. Add in the fact that the Nikon was shot on a very old 10MP sensor (even though you resized) and the 32 did better in my opinion.

Both are good lenses for their formats. I've often pointed to the 45/1.8 as an example where m43 shines as it is small, has good IQ, is reasonably fast and priced well. The 32 for the Nikon shares the same traits except it really is overpriced.

-- hide signature --

Jonathan

Where did the OP say that he shot with one of the N1 models with 10 mp?

You can see the exif on Flickr. I used the 32mm on a Nikon 1 V1, which is a 10MP camera.

Thanks.I have a J1 and three lenses, but mostly I shoot with the remarkable 30-110. I am looking for a decent V1 or V2 if the price is right.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Canon EOS 500D Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Google Nexus 5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow