This month through your adapted lenses - March 2017

Started Mar 2, 2017 | Discussions thread
csiluk Senior Member • Posts: 1,508
Re: Canon 50D with Vivitar 135mm ƒ/2.8

Luddhi wrote:

csiluk wrote:

Yes, that's a Komine. I have 2 of these which I think I paid less than $20 for each. The one has very minor cleaning marks in the coating on the front element that you can only see when you get a strong reflection off of it, but it has no affect in it's outstanding performance. Other than that, they are both in excellent condition

It is certainly a very well built lens. Mine has the 8 blade aperture and is also in excellent condition. Wide open it is a little soft but at ƒ/4 and above it gives a good result. I only have the one—my other 135mm is the Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm ƒ/3.5. I often prefer the rendering of the Zeiss, depending on the type of shot, and it focuses a bit closer but the Vivitar is lighter, better built and I think even a little easier to use.

The one that has the marks in the coating works better than the one that has no marks, not much, but enough to see the difference wide open. It's an M42 mount so I now use it with one of these adapters and it allows much closer focusing. But I see the price went up $11 since I bought mine. But I may have purchased mine on Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KECAY-42MM-M43-Lens-Mount-Adapter-for-M42-42mm-Screw-Lens-To-Micro-4-3-Four-M43-/122390220149?hash=item1c7f068d75:g:NpYAAOSwTM5Ywjsv

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow