Suggestions for printing

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sarah11918
sarah11918 Regular Member • Posts: 141
Suggestions for printing

Hi all! I haven't commented in a while, but have been enjoying checking in on all your lovely photos. (...even if I don't say so. There are so many great posts to keep up with.)

I've had the P900 for a little over a year now, but I've never tried printing any of my photos. Our community choir is having a little fundraiser/silent auction sale, and I thought maybe this would be a good excuse to finally try printing by contributing a couple of nature photos from our local boardwalk.

Most of my photos are of birds, or similarly other far-away things that I've zoomed in on (optical only; I have digital zoom turned off) so of course I'm concerned about quality once photos are printed. Can anyone here share what size of photos you tend to print from your P900 that look good?

I have a handful of candidates in a Google Photos album here: https://goo.gl/photos/Jz6o7RTQQ36tHnSA6 in case anyone wants to suggest ones that might print well. These are Google's "high quality" versions, and I haven't done much post-processing to them (some a bit for display on the website according to my monitor). I'll tweak from the original files once I decide which ones to try.

I'm really nervous about doing this, because I mostly just post albums of photos online and share with family. I would just feel so presumptuous giving my choir the photo to say, "Here, I think someone will pay you MONEY for this!" But, they've said they're short on items and just want stuff to fill out the tables. And it is a community organization so I thought photographs from our community might be of enough interest to someone that they'd make a pity purchase to support our event!!

So any suggestions you can offer on printing would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

(Oh, and the pig was *not* roaming our boardwalk! lol It's from the local farm where we buy our pork. I happen to love it, for some reason, and thought I might print it and give it to the farmer.)

sarah11918's gear list:sarah11918's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Google Picasa Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Snapseed +3 more
Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow