Shooting team sports with a GX85

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben2e Junior Member • Posts: 39
Shooting team sports with a GX85

What methods do other team sport shooters use with Panasonic ? I'm using Focus Mode AFC , 49point focus, and burst mode to capture key moments during the game with a 14-140. The setup seems perfect in that I'm often across the field from players so only occasionally in a perfect spot. It often takes a frustrating pause for the burst to start that I miss key moments. I push the shutter from half way down, find the moment then push the shutter. Not sure if the burst forces the extra delay. I'd rather not have to buy a GH5 just to catch these photos but I wonder what I could do to improve my hit rate. There's a frustratingly long list of settings which I won't paste here. I did spend one game fumbling through them in desperation as the camera refused to focus at all. I never did find out why. It's working well enough now save the half second focus lock delay.

Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow