Does this look like a XQD problem or d500 camera problem?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Montanawildlives New Member • Posts: 21
Does this look like a XQD problem or d500 camera problem?

Hey everyone, twice in the past six months since purchasing my d500 I have had trouble getting my computer to read the XQD card (2 out of 100 times I've been out shooting).  The first time my computer could not even read the card at all (e.g., no drive showing up in Windows Explorer), the second time it started that way but I persisted and tried a few times and finally it read it and could properly access about 900 of the 1000 images.  The other 100 were unviewable or corrupted in some way, such as the attached example.  I am about to send this card back to Lexar (it was $100 after all), but am wondering if there is some indication here that this was a problem with the camera rather than the card?  You can see at the bottom of this image in the pink area the bodies of two standing geese from an entirely different picture from that day.

I am aware of the early problems with the d500 and certain XQD cards but suspect this is not the problem because I am on firmware C 1.11, LD 2.015, LF 1.01.

Thanks!

Montanawildlives's gear list:Montanawildlives's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-E2S
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jsa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow