Love my G85, but hate JPEG colors... I want "Canon colors", how?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bsas
bsas Regular Member • Posts: 286
Love my G85, but hate JPEG colors... I want "Canon colors", how?

So, I am moving from a Canon 70D to the Lumix G85. Features and hardware wise, I think the G85 beats the Canon any day, hands down. Loving that little camera here!

But, I always take JPEG+RAW and my personal goal is to have a nice SooC JPEG so the RAW is just a "backup" thing. I know that is hard, but I like when my JPEGs are nice to a point where I don't need to edit the RAW.

Based on that, I am suffering with the G85 JPEG colors and contrast. Don't know why, maybe I am doing something wrong, but looks crazy washed out and colors are quite dead. I know that Canon normally "over-saturates" a little, but I kind of like that "wrong color scheme" on it.

So, I was wondering if anyone can suggest how to config my G85 to be more "Canon colors like" for JPEG stills. I though about "Vivid" but not sure if it is too much. Maybe a custom profile but I have no idea what to change.

I looked into EOSHD Canon color package, but looks like is something to do on "post" and it is geared towards video.

Thanks for the help!

bsas's gear list:bsas's gear list
Canon G7 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +7 more
Canon EOS 70D Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DWM
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow