Issue with concentric rings on E-M1 Mark II (edited title)

Started Mar 19, 2017 | Discussions thread
luisflorit
luisflorit Veteran Member • Posts: 8,170
Re: Yes, let's not

Astrotripper wrote:

TN Args wrote:

Astrotripper wrote:

I'm getting more and more sour on this whole Micro 4/3 thing. First was my journey down the rabbit hole with purple fringing .

....This is ridiculous, seriously. 3200 EUR and I can't even get a usable kit?

....Anyway, looks like the well has been poisoned for me. I can already tell there will be no love for the Oly flagship, as opposed to GM5.

....And to be honest, if I had a viable option, I would jump ship right now.

....I consider this camera to be broken. And it is either that the one I bought is faulty or something is broken at the very fundamental level.

All because of the settings chosen?

Well, sorry you find my frustration with this whole thing inappropriate. But when I pay 2000 EUR for a flagship camera I expect it will have a functional software. What I do not expect is that I will be a beta tester.

The fact that the problem has been resolved at considerable time investment on my part (and let's not forget others who contributed in this thread with tips, suggestions and their own testing) does not in any way pull Olympus off the hook.

I will not voice my opinion on Olympus regarding this matter here for I don't want to be grilled by fanboy apologists.

So yeah, all because of one setting that rendered the camera unusable for me.

And let's not forget that all this posts solves is your problem and the possible problem of the very small group of people that reads it. There are thousands of users that are not aware of this problem, and those that still have the setting on will continue having the problem. So the problem is still there.

L.

-- hide signature --
 luisflorit's gear list:luisflorit's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Venus Laowa 7.5mm F2 MFT Olympus E-M1 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GBC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow