How do you truly feel about the Sigma Dp and Merrill cameras?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
creativestat
creativestat Regular Member • Posts: 116
How do you truly feel about the Sigma Dp and Merrill cameras?

I've had the Sigma Dp0 camera for about 1 year now, and believe it or not I rarely use it. I took it out this weekend and now I feel like I've been missing out all along.

What do you think? https://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4071311280/albums/dp0

If I had to sum up my feelings for the DP cameras (I also have the 3 Merrill DPs), I would say that they are "artsy" cameras that can create stunning images (in some cases even more beautiful than what can be done for the Sony A7rm2). But they can also be frustrating. Not so much because some people consider them slow (which I do not), but because of all their other quirks.

But boy, the images they produce border can be magical. Even my kids noticed it. When they looked through my Lightroom catalogue the other day they said the preferred the "artsy' look of images taken with the Merrill cameras vs the more photo real images taken with the A7rm2.

In case you are interested, here is a portfolio: www.lightgrab.com

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the DP Merrills and the Dp0...

creativestat's gear list:creativestat's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Sigma dp0 Quattro +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow