Thom Hogan hints 50mp for upcoming D820/D850

Started Mar 19, 2017 | Discussions thread
xiao_xiang Forum Member • Posts: 52
Re: Thom Hogan hints 50mp for upcoming D820/D850

Agreed. Resolution isn't everything. Think of all that soft glass out there!

Currently on a D750. Would be interested in the D8**, but to make me jump it needs buttery smooth video AF (@ f2.8 or better) and 50mp plus. And a deep buffer would be good too.

Why would I like a 72mp option? Put some high quality DX glass on there for telephoto and the crop would be sweet. Yes, yes, could also have a DX camera, but buying a D500 AND a D8** really sucks.

Not gonna happen though....

Flipping it around, LESS than 50mp would be a real disappointment for me personally and would take some seriously impressive other features to make up for it.

Still, I would probably scale down to 24mp for casual shots, and then use the full glory in RAW for when it matters. I would love to play around with a FF 72mp raw file and see what I can drag out.

BTW, pfft on the PC power thing. Seriously - retire your Sandybridge CPU and HDD with 8gb SSD. I have nothing that special and can run 360 degree 4K video edit, photoshop, NX-D and 20 web pages all at the same time without a hiccup.

xiao_xiang's gear list:xiao_xiang's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow