An excellent AA battery P&S with full manual controls

Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
quiquae Contributing Member • Posts: 909
Re: An excellent AA battery P&S with full manual controls

PhotoRaw wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

For someone that uses a compact once a year, lithiums make sense. For anyone else that uses a camera regularly, it make no sense to spend about the same amount on disposable batteries as a good set of NiMHs.

For this type of cameras nothing like Eneloop:

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-4MCCA4BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSMJK/ref=pd_sim_23_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=00P0TYQCGM05SYQP7X2E

Eneloops are great. I keep a small box in the pantry with several extra AA and AAA Eneloops charged up at all times, powering almost everything in the house that requires those battery formats--Bluetooth keyboards and mice, video game controllers, travel electric razors, noise-cancelling headsets, etc. The only devices for which I still buy alkaline are the wall clock and the remote for the air conditioner, which do not consume power fast enough for Eneloop to be cost effective.

There is also a separate line of black Eneloops specifically designed for high-power applications; I have a set of those for my speedlite.

quiquae's gear list:quiquae's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow