Panasonic lenses vs Sony lenses

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SBS
SBS Senior Member • Posts: 2,189
Panasonic lenses vs Sony lenses

I love many of the features of Panasonic cameras. Way back when, I owned, and loved the FZ20. Now, I am looking seriously at the LX100. I was also considering the FZ2000/FZ2500 (why do they have two different names for their cameras?). And, of course, the Sony RX10iii is in consideration. The Sony RX100's are not for ergonomic reasons.

So my question is, is Panasonic keeping up with Sony in lens quality, and therefore, image quality? And  if not, is there really a reason from strictly lens quality standards to wait for, and expect improvement in the LX200 given that the FZ2000/2500 lens appears to be inferior to the FZ1000. While I love the technological/ergonomic improvements of the FZ2000, the step back in lens performance is not acceptable to me. Why would Panasonic put out an "upgrade" camera that is actually less qualified, lens wise, than its predecessor?

Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow