GX8 feather detail at ISO3200 !

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 3,922
GX8 feather detail at ISO3200 !

Trying to photograph a small bird recently in very poor light I had to push my Panasonic GX8 to ISO3200 and was truly amazed at the result. It really was dim flat light and previous experience with a GX7 at ISO3200 left me with no confidence, However...

The out of camera jpg's showed so much promise that it encouraged me to try a little processing from the RAW file to see just what could be done and frankly I was very impressed at what the fabulous little 20Mp sensor was capable of.

Panasonic GX8 at ISO3200, taken handheld at 350mm (FF700mm) in dark overcast evening light.
(Reduced 590px wide version of the final converted RAW file. )

To enable you to view the out of camera JPG's and Converted RAW images properly,  I have created a brief report with large versions of the photo and the final result, all of which can be found here...
GX8 at ISO3200 feather detail - Article link

I was using the Panasonic 100-400 lens and personally I think there is plenty to get excited about!

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Harris's gear list:Adrian Harris's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow