Issue with concentric rings on E-M1 Mark II (edited title)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
karlreed Senior Member • Posts: 1,593
which setting for vignetting? This just gets weirder and weirder

Giiba wrote:

basyl1891 wrote:

Astrotripper wrote:

Few people suggested I do a full camera reset and see if that would help. I was pretty sure it would not, because why would it, I got a brand new camera so surely it was at factory settings. Turns out it did help.

The obvious green rings are gone. I can still see a bit of posterization, which is eerily similar to what I would get with careless noise reduction. But maybe this is just so deep in the shadows that I'm at the limits of tonal range here.

I tried changing one by one all the settings I originally changed in hopes I would identify one that was causing problems. Nothing. I fiddled with everything that came to my mind. I tried different shooting modes including high res, silent, different drive modes, different ISOs etc. No anomalies.

How's that for a head scratcher?

My guess it's a compensation of the lens vignetting that's causes this weird rings.

There was a very similar problem with some Samsung camera bodies.

That's the trouble! It's the only setting that effects raw files and it is known to cause problems with long exposures.

Is there a setting for  vignetting control?

-- hide signature --

karl reed

karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GBC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow