Issue with concentric rings on E-M1 Mark II (edited title)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
karlreed Senior Member • Posts: 1,593
Keep us posted Ome more option to try, recent firmware update

Astrotripper wrote:

Founder wrote:

Founder wrote:

I actually have this issue with the EM5 II. I first noticed it a year back taking a high res mode shot of the sky, and just replicated with your testing protocol. It's really faint, but it's there when I take a shot underexpsoed 2 stops and push it +2 exp in post.

I will say I've been using this for a year or two now and can't replicate it in properly exposed shots... has to be some sort of algorithm issue when dealing with noise... not sure.

OK. PROBLEM SOLVED.

I can no longer replicate the issue at any EV value.

Again this is for my EM5 II. I did a fw update from 2.2 to 2.3, which is strange, since they don't mentionfixing the concentric crop circles

But I also did a full reset (Shooting Menu 1; Reset/MySet; Full), so it was either one or the other. OP since there is no fw update for em1 ii yet please try full reset and let me know... if it's because of reset we must find out what setting caused this

Wait, now that you mentioned it, there IS a firmware update for E-M1 II. I just checked and mine is 1.0 while recently Olympus released 1.1. And the only change is some fixes to "raw file generation" or something like that.

I will reset the camera and take some more test shots at various ISOs and various exp. comp. values and upgrade the firmware and see if it changes anything.

Will also run the same basic test on my other cameras.

Let us know how you go with the store and replacement

-- hide signature --

karl reed

karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GBC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow