Shooting soccer with a GX85

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben2e Junior Member • Posts: 39
Shooting soccer with a GX85

What methods do other team sport shooters use with Panasonic ? I'm using AFC and burst mode to capture key moments during the game with a 14-140.  The setup seems perfect in that I'm often across the field from players so only occasionally in a perfect spot. The issue I run into is the focus lock (I'm using the 49 area). It often takes long enough for the burst to start that I miss key moments. I push the shutter from half way down, find the moment then push the shutter. Not sure if the burst forces the extra delay. I'd rather not have to buy a GH5 just to catch these photos but I do wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. There's a frustratingly long list of settings which I won't paste here. I did spend one game fumbling through them in desperation as the camera refused to focus at all.  I never did find out why. It's working well enough now save the half second focus lock delay.

Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow