Issue with concentric rings on E-M1 Mark II (edited title)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Chrisd999
Chrisd999 Senior Member • Posts: 1,046
Re: Steps to test for this

Astrotripper wrote:

After more fiddling I arrived at the simplest way to reproduce the problem:

1. Set the camera to aperture priority and set the aperture wide open.
  2. Set ISO to 200.
  3. Point the camera at a sheet of paper or a wall or any uniform surface, doesn't matter if the focus is spot on or completely off.
  4. Take a few shots with exposure compensation set somewhere in the range of -2 to 03 EV.

The rings are visible on the camera's screen. As far as I can tell, camera settings do not affect the result.

And now that I know exactly what to look for, I can actually see it in live view.

As I already wrote couple of times, I assume the unit I got is defective and will pay a visit to the store tomorrow. But it would still be nice to hear from other users.

Did that. With my EM1.2 & PL 100-300II I am seeing a faint large circle that is warmer/brighter in the middle with some fall off towards the edges/corners. Basically seeing what I would expect to see with any camera under those shooting circumstances. I am not seeing the concentric rainbow effect in the images you have posted.

Chrisd999's gear list:Chrisd999's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GBC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow