Issue with concentric rings on E-M1 Mark II (edited title)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Astrotripper Senior Member • Posts: 4,497
Something is really, really wrong

Wow, this is not a lens problem. This happens with almost any lens, including Olympus lenses. And I found a simple way to reproduce this without any need for raw converters and such. I locked white balance on correct value, pointed the camera at a sheet of blueish-greenish cloth in a dimly lit room, set exposure comp to -2 EV, took a photo and bam, I can see green rings on the image when viewing it at the back of the camera. This happens with aperture set wide open or near it. Stopping down by one stop usually gets rid of this. But I also got one image in a series that was noticeably greener than the others, for no apparent reason (there were no rings on it).

Interestingly, the only lens I tested that is unaffected by this seems to be Panasonic 1.7/20. Olympus 45 is "almost" unaffected, as it only has green corners wide open but is fine otherwise.

Can anyone with E-M1.2 try to reproduce this?

Some samples converted with Capture One (the only adjustments being exposure set to +2 and a bit of saturation boost to make the rings more noticeable):

So here you go. I consider this camera to be broken. And it is either that the one I bought is faulty or something is broken at the very fundamental level. As such, I think I might have a case to get my money back.

Astrotripper's gear list:Astrotripper's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
GBC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow