Natural Upgrade path from D5300?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cowboyarcher Forum Member • Posts: 80
Natural Upgrade path from D5300?

Hi All,

My wife and I have been shooting with a pair of D5300s for a while now and really enjoy them. We do a lot of street shooting, family photos and shooting groups indoors for various events through our church. I also enjoy using my J5 ALOT. It's just a super fun little camera. The main issue we are having with our gear is in the low light indoor areas, especially if we need some telephoto coverage.

Anyhow, I recently have been seeing the D600/D610 here in the EU going well under 1000€ and wondered if going with something like was a good, natural upgrade path from the D5300s? Or, does it make more sense to go with something like the D7200 and get all the latest technology for AF and such? The prices are fairly similar for used units on these two models.

We do have a couple of FX lenses (50 f1.8g and 70-300 VR) and I've been waning to add  the 85 f1.8g to the stable for a while. You can look at me gear list to see what else we have.

What say you? Does it make more sense to upgrade to the FX cameras at this point or to the D7200?

Thanks for any thoughts and God bless you all!

Adam

Cowboyarcher's gear list:Cowboyarcher's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D5300 Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow