My 80D broke. Grrrrrrrr.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richfrom813
Richfrom813 Junior Member • Posts: 37
My 80D broke. Grrrrrrrr.

So I've owned five Canon DSLRs over the last twenty years and all have faithfully performed until now.  The main dial on my 80D intermittently does not work.  It turns just like normal, but nothing happens when it does turn.  I have less than 3K clicks on it, too and it has never been wet, at the beach, etc.

Thank goodness I am still within the warranty period (by about a month).  For that I am thankful.  But I am going on a short trip next weekend and will miss getting some pictures that I want to take with it.  (I'll use my phone or G15 instead).

I know that Canon service will do a good job but it's still kind of disheartening to me to know that i MIGHT end up with some refurb camera instead of the one I bought new.  Who knows, maybe they will fix it and I'll get the same one back.

Do any of you have experience with this..... do they generally fix it and send it back or do they just send out a refurb instead?

Anyway, I just wanted to vent.

Richfrom813's gear list:Richfrom813's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +4 more
Canon EOS 80D Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow