Wheather sealed alternative for voigtlander 17.5?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thin_Ice Regular Member • Posts: 227
Wheather sealed alternative for voigtlander 17.5?

Hello,

my EM5 recently had shutter problems and now "freezes" from time to time.  I have to take out the battery to get it back alive.   It suffers probaby some electronics problems.  I guess the main reason is that i pair the camera with non wheather sealed lenses.   The main use of the camera is while mountaineering ( ice, rain, cold,...) or shooting some dinghy sailing of my kids (salty environment, sand beach, some water spray...).  I take good care of my gear, but most of you won't expose their camera to these conditions.

i own a 12f2, a 45f1.8 and the voigtlander 17.5.   We really like the special character and focal length of the 17.5.   At this moment i could live with just a 35 mm equivalent with the same or better (?) great character of the Voigt.

The options are:

- to replace the em5 and continue with mft and my current non wheather sealed lenses

- have a look at fuji

- have a look at canikon & sony (FF?) + 35mm prime (wheather sealed combo)

or get a PENF for current lenses and combine MFT with a good fixed lens travel camera.

i am not really considering Em1 with 12-40.  I hope that i can find a better weight / lens character @35 mm ratio.

I generally use my gear until its broken.  i hope thens lasts forever and the camera at least 5 years!

Lets focus on the 35 mm lens.  What are the good alternatives?

steven

Thin_Ice's gear list:Thin_Ice's gear list
Olympus E-420 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow