Snow Geese - Skagit County, WA

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim Ehrmin New Member • Posts: 9
Snow Geese - Skagit County, WA

LaConner, WA, which is in Skagit County, WA is about an hour north of where I live. It's a rare month that I don't make several trips to Skagit. I went to Skagit a few days ago to check on the progress of the daffodil bloom. The fields are starting to bloom and should be in full or near full bloom by the end of the coming week and will soon to be followed by the Skagit Tulip Festival in April.

I wasn't expecting to see Snow Geese this late in the year but I was able to witness a glorious bird show. They were in good form! Regardless of how many times I've seen them over the years, I'm always amazed. Mt. Baker wasn't showing but it was sunny. We've had a record amount of rain late last year and this year and it was good to be outside with the camera. It was nice enough that I was able to put the top down on the car. I have another set of Snow Geese pictures from December 2016 with Mt. Baker showing and I'll add some pictures from that shoot as time allows.

http://jehrmin.smugmug.com/Snow-Geese-Skagit-County-WA

I upgraded to a Canon 80D last spring after using a t3i and a t4i. I have only two lenses that I have moved ahead as I updated the camera body:

EF 24-105mm f4 L IS II USM

EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II USM

Enjoy,

Jim Ehrmin

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T4i (EOS 650D / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow