dual card-slot questions for best travel backup EM1 mark ii

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
robonrome
robonrome Senior Member • Posts: 2,197
dual card-slot questions for best travel backup EM1 mark ii

I'm aware that only the 1st slot can utilise the full capabilities of UHS-ii cards.

If I have setup for record RAW +Jpeg (and video) to both cards simultaneously am I then limited by the slower card slot or will it still record faster to the first slot and if I have viewing set to that slot I'd be able to chimp quicker?

I'm getting setup for a trip to Nepal in around 6 weeks time. I was thinking I'd keep one large (say 256GB but "slower" UHS-i) card in slot two and a faster UHS-ii card (say 32GB) in slot one... plan would be to leave the slot two card in the whole trip (256 should be enough from past exp) and occasionally pulling out and saving off the faster card from slot one onto a backup drive and putting back empty.

Any problems with this plan? better ideas? Alternatively I was wondering whether I could flip that and run a larger fast card in slot one and just get a bunch of cheaper 16/32GB UHS-i cards for slot two which I could take out and store as backup as I go... would avoid the need to have a hard-drive backup, but more expensive for the large fast card.

robonrome's gear list:robonrome's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha 7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus E-M1 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +15 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SGA
SGA
SGA
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow