Has anyone gone to e-mount and changed back?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tim Crammond Regular Member • Posts: 462
Has anyone gone to e-mount and changed back?

There have been innumerable threads about people thinking about switching to e-mount, or announcing they're finally ditching a-mount, or wondering when they might convert. It'd make a change to hear from anyone who's come the opposite route, of tried e-mount and returned to the fold.

I recently bought a a6000, though in my case I didn't sell any of my a-mount gear, as I'd intended to use it mainly to open up the range of adapted lenses I could use.

After what I admit amounts to not much more than initial impressions with two or three native kenses and a few adapted ones, I find it small and unbalanced with anything more than the kit lens on it, the lack of dedicated controls frustrating (particularly having to use the 4-way rear dial for shutter speed and ISO - is this any different on the a7ii?) , and my M42 lenses long and cumbersome with NEX adapters (on the a-mount it was just a tiny ring). Furthermore I am starting to wonder just how many of my needs cannot be met with M42's anyway. Oh, and the battery life sucks.

So I'm only just learning, and nowhere near throwing in the towel in a fit of 'everything's not perfect immediately' impatience - but the last lens I bought was an a-mount.

Tim

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow