Am I part of the problem?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NCV
NCV Senior Member • Posts: 4,925
Am I part of the problem?

Came across this graph charting camera sales the other day. It needs no explaining.

I bought a Nikon D70 at the start of the digital boom which did not convince me 100%. It was then replaced with a D300 when it came out which was then replaced with an EM5.

The D70 had its problems image quality wise, the D300 was almost perfect for my needs. The EM5 was a big step forward in several areas for me.

The "problem" is that the EM5 does everything I want and the image quality is all I want. I have no great temptation to "upgrade" . I see this camera going on until it breaks or until there is indeed a big real step in image quality.

How many of us have got a camera that we now think will not need upgrading for quite a while?

I also see an important photo magazine recently stopped being published in the US, just like our most important photo magazine in Italy a few months before. I recently bought a copy of one of the surviving magazines here, tempted by a cover story. I soon realised I had wasted my money on a whole load of shallow content. It will be the last I will buy. Im part of the decline of photo magazines too?

I also sense a drop in the use of this forum. It takes very little to become a "top poster" here right now and the threads are much slower to drop off the front page.

Have people also grown tired of photography?

-- hide signature --
 NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Nikon D300 Nikon D70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow