New Version of "Show Focus Points"

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Sagittarius Veteran Member • Posts: 4,697
Re: New Version of "Show Focus Points"

ShutterDude wrote:

I will need to check back in a week as I don't have the D7200 on me at the moment - will report back.

Ok, but I confirmed on my D500 - using Dynamic 153 and choosing a focus point and taking a series of 15 shots while slowly panning the camera back and forth.

Using Image Playback, the focus point only displayed is what I chose. At least this confirms what I thought should be the norm.

I assume that this is what you're observing too correct? Will check back with the 7200 in a few days.

Sagittarius wrote:

I never used D7200, but according to the manual it does exactly as D500. Are you sure you used Dynamic-area AF and not 3D-tracking or Auto-Area AF?

-- hide signature --

Best regards

Yes, this is what I observe and not only on D500, but on every camera I owned/tried (D200, D300, D300S, D800, D810, D500). Unless you are using 3D tracking or Auto-Area AF, where camera changes focus points.

-- hide signature --

Best regards

Sagittarius's gear list:Sagittarius's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow