Question on Colour

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Herrbill Forum Member • Posts: 68
Question on Colour

I am trying to figure the common denominator for best colour reproduction with my prints.

Up to now my guiding light has been the print output. Whatever printer/ print lab I use, will determine my colour space. If they use sRGB, then I apply sRGB to my workflow from camera to print device output. In other words, I align the colour space of my camera, Photoshop and printer to sRGB and in doing so, I eliminate any conflict in my management flow thus preventing less colour discrepancies in my print processing. I also allow Photoshop to manage the printing process.

The one piece of equipment that I have left out of the equation up to now has been my monitor. I use a HP IPS monitor and according to its specification it has a colour gamut equivalent to 72% of NTSC and since 72% NTSC is equivalent to the full sRGB gamut, I believe that i am on the right track.

Furthermore, I follow Scott Kelby’s tip that the best way to soft proof is to run a test print. And if despite my best efforts, I end up with a print which is too dark, I revert to Photoshop and apply a Screen blend mode and reduce the opacity to 20%. This normally solves the problem.

Any thoughts from anybody on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow