Long lens for OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Started Mar 17, 2017 | Discussions thread
Namaste58
Namaste58 New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Long lens for OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Hi Elsie-

I have the Oly 24-150 with 1.4. Its beautiful. Fast, takes on inclement weather like there is no tomorrow. (I live in Oregon) I tried the Panny 100-400 and ran into a problem. The rubber seal and base plate came loose from the lens. Yup. On the 4th use. It was tight going on the Olympus m1 ii but as other's point out, it loosens.. My broke.. Other people's works fine.. I posted wondering if others experienced this and they said they had not. The lens is beautiful. Pictures are sharp. Focus perfect. Can only use stabilization from camera or Panny and I chose Panny as it seemed better equipped. I think the Oly 300 is not only expensive but limiting for my purpose. I am thinking of trying the Panny again..it's that good. My other equipment is Canon 1dx and assorted L lenses.  The Olympus m1 ii is just as good in my opinion in bright light. Low light it's a dog. When I go hiking I take my Oly though. It's fantastic for birding and almost as good as my 1dx.

Namaste58's gear list:Namaste58's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon EOS-1D X Olympus E-M1 II Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow