DxO autocorrection wide-angle stretching??

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sonnycsc Forum Member • Posts: 77
DxO autocorrection wide-angle stretching??

Hi all! I have a question regarding DxO's (and other photo editors) autocorrection. I have OpticsPro 11 Elite.

I can't for the life of me figure out why it stretches out RAWs taken with an Oly 17mm F1.8, giving them a sort of barrel effect. I don't remember Lightroom doing this when I used it and imported RAWs into it. ACDSee does this as well. Examples of DxO's handiwork below.

It only does this with the 17mm, and none of the other lenses I've tried. Is this a strictly wide-angle thing or something? Is there a way to turn this off? Because there are pictures I'd much rather keep the original camera framing of than this. Thanks in advance!

out-of-camera JPEG

Autocorrected JPEG exported from DxO. Notice the top left and bottom right corners.

JPEG I originally post-processed in Lightroom 6, which I'm much happier with than the DxO version below...

...Not only is it stretched here, but the detailing in the pavement is lost IMO

-- hide signature --

www.500px.com/rmimagery

sonnycsc's gear list:sonnycsc's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow