Auto ISO and minimum shutter speed

Started Mar 15, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rlmack Regular Member • Posts: 283
Auto ISO and minimum shutter speed

The X-T20 is my first camera that I've owned that allows me to set min/max parameters for auto ISO, which I think is cool beans.

However, I seem to be missing something. I was out after dark last night and had auto ISO set to max 3200 ISO and min. 1/15 ss. But the camera took some pics at 1/10 and 1/13 ss. I didn't see any warnings it couldn't meet my settings.

I was shooting in aperture priority mode, the ss dial set to A. The other odd thing was on a shutter release half-press the camera never displayed which shutter speed it was going to use. I didn't know it had gone below 1/15 until I looked at the photos on my computer.

What am I missing that it didn't abide by my min. ss setting and why isn't it displaying shutter speed? (Aperture and ISO are displayed.)

rlmack's gear list:rlmack's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow