Need to Upgrade T1i, 24-70 L and Tamron 18-270

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcurts Forum Member • Posts: 74
Need to Upgrade T1i, 24-70 L and Tamron 18-270

Hi All,

It seems like there is a lot of experience wandering around this message board so figured it was a good place to come for some advice.

I need advice on how to upgrade the camera and the Tamron. The 24-70 L spoiled me even if it is the old heavy model.

My intent is to use them on the beach and general sea coast but primarily in the back country. I do a lot of just hanging out in off the trail areas of Northern California and Northern Idaho with some sashshays into the Selway Bitterroot Wilderness between Montana and Idaho. Primarily anywhere I can comfortably pack a fly pole and camera.

So, landscape, near and far, as well as some still life and outdoor creatures, large and small, are my targets.

Will keep the 24-70 L as it is a winner in handling a lot of what I do. The other two just sort of take up space. I don't show many shots from the Tamron to close friends.

One of my biggest bug-a-boos with the old rebel is obtaining proper white balance.

It takes me forever to get into the settings and fine tune things for shots that need a little help. Lots of movement between shade and sunlight and brushy and clearings when I am serious about a shoot. I'm not sure of the workable options as I'm not a professional by any means but do like to see some rewarding work come out of the printer when it is all said and done. I'm also not a real fan of reworking everything a whole lot afterwards on the computer.

I like the lighter crop frame cameras as long as they take EF lenses. Something with better white balance control would be real neat.

Don't have a fortune to spend but can dig up 12 to 1500 bucks without hocking my sleeping bag.

I just had the camera cleaned and inspected in a local shop and the Tamron does not have many clicks on it and never will so I just want to move on.

Thank you

Jim Curts

Wickiup to most who wander around with me...

Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Tamron 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 Di II PZD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow