After use clean up, general maintenence?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
scokill Veteran Member • Posts: 3,270
Re: After use clean up, general maintenence?

noobDSLRuser wrote:

Along with photography, I love to hunt and fish. When I get done using my equipment (reels/guns), I spend a decent amount of time cleaning them before putting them away, and of course there is 6 month maintenance that I complete each year to keep it working properly.

What about with the camera gear? So far I mostly just clean the lens if I notice it needs it, but what about the lens mount? Should I have Nikon clean the internals of the camera annually to keep it in top shape ?

The less anything contacts your lenses the better.  A rocket blower is pretty much all I use on lenses...perhaps a lens brush, and as a last resort a Zeiss wet wipe.  I got cake frosting on a lens once.

Rocket blower on camera and sometimes a wet wipe on screens to remove facial oil.  There is no routine maintenance for a camera.  If it's not broke, then don't fix it.  Sensor cleaning if you notice spots.  Shutter replacement is the only routine maintenance and that is when it breaks.  Depending on the camera and luck, it might be between 100K-250K actuations ore more.

scokill's gear list:scokill's gear list
Nikon D4 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow