D500 WiFi - how to connect every time without fail !!

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
n057 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,915
Re: D500 WiFi - how to connect every time without fail !!

KevinCossaboon wrote:

Me too. I just leave my camera with airplane mode OFF, and it pairs automatically when I need it. If I shoot RAW+jpg, a 2 mb jpg is sent to the phone. If I shoot RAW only, I just go to the edit menu and create a JPG of the images I choose, and a copy is sent to the phone. That is all just with teh Bluetooth connction.

JC

I was think of this work flow to. So to make sure I get it, if the camera is set to RAW only, and SNAPBRIDGE to auto transfer 2meg copy, no transfer will occur, until you tell the camera to create a JPEG?

If that is correct, that would rock. I went a few days in California, and shot 1000+ photos and SNAPBRIDGE never kept up trying to trying to transfer all the JPEG and ended up with a bunch of photos I did not want. Also tried to just brows the camera images, but that took too long over bluetooth too.

If I can use SNAPBRIDGE for GPS, and then when I get a shot I want to share on the road, tell the camera to create a JPEG, and have it transfer, that would be GREAT.

-- hide signature --

/krc

That's the way it works for me. When I show my subjects what I have captured and they like one of the images, I create a JPEG and it is sent to the phone.

I usually do all my shoot in one venue, so GPS is less important to me, but many have reported here that the refresh of GPS data is not instant, so you may want to experiment with that.

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
R S
R S
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow