This month through your adapted lenses - March 2017

Started Mar 2, 2017 | Discussions thread
Tons o Glass 0 Class
Tons o Glass 0 Class Regular Member • Posts: 436
M42 on M42 (Quantaray 300/5.6 Mirror Lens)

Here's a six-shot stack of the Orion Nebula taken tonight in my back yard with a 300/5.6 Quantaray mirror lens to test an iOptron SkyTracker that I was lucky enough to score over the weekend.  I'm thinking the SkyTracker's a keeper, at least until I can get a "real" tracking mount.  It should be pretty awesome for shorter focal lengths.  I can't wait to take some gear to a darker location to really push the tracker's limits by increasing focal length and/or exposure time.

Quantaray 300/5.6 T-Mount -> M42 -> MD -> ZY LTII -> NEX-3N. Nothing too fancy was done in post-processing - need to learn some new tricks.  100% crop. 6x 30s exposures stacked in DSS.

This is one of the nicer mirror lenses I've used by the way.  My other two more traditional 300mm lenses (Nikkor f/4.5 ED-IF and OM Zuiko Auto-T f/4.5) clearly resolve more detail and have better contrast but it's nice not to have to deal with significant CAs.  And for this application in particular, the size and weight of the mirror lens can't hurt.

Tons o Glass 0 Class's gear list:Tons o Glass 0 Class's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3N A3000 Sony a7 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow