D500 - anyone need the maximum of 200 shots?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kenny08 Regular Member • Posts: 147
D500 - anyone need the maximum of 200 shots?

Just curious how many D500 owners have actually come across an instance were they felt like they could have, or have maxed out a photo session were 200 shots was needed.  Or come to think of it, do we need anything more than 30?  I guess it depends on what we are photographing and the subject(s).

For me, I'm limited by the SD-UHS-I card that I"m using - I get only at 95MB/s and the 30 or so RAW shots and having to have to wait for 25 or so seconds to write to the card/buffer to clear it's frustrating.

I might just get an XQD card....I shoot wildlife and planes, so it might be worthwhile - most instances I don't need the 30 frames, but for me it's a "just in case" scenario - the more shots I get on the card the more chance I get that are keepers for the subject matter that I'm shooting.

Price for XQD is still expensive for a 32GB card...but I guess it's worthwhile to get and have?  After all, the D500 is a beast and to feed it properly the XQD is needed.

Kenny08's gear list:Kenny08's gear list
Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow