more A99ii black screen lock ups !

Started Mar 12, 2017 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 6,780
Re: Ask for an exchange, not a repair. nt

Steve Cohan wrote:

-- hide signature --

I'm not a pixel peeper. I just shoot images. Resolution is the most overrated facet of photography.

yes but on what?! Lens, battery grip, a99ii? As Barry admits, he can't be sure which is the culprit at the moment. Could even be a faulty battery. Only way to be sure is via a scientific process of elimination - helped by the fact that Barry has more than one a99ii.

BARRY - to find out if it is a battery or grip I don't think you necessarily need to needlessly waste 400-500 shutter actuations - if you already have a fairly depleted or very depleted battery try that in position 1 in the grip, with a fully charged battery in position 2 and see what happens - just viewing shots on the rear LCD should deplete the battery quite quickly or doing a bit of Wi-Fi transfer. My a77 grip problems always tended to happen when a battery was about to die and the grip should be switching to battery #2

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow