more A99ii black screen lock ups !

Started Mar 12, 2017 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 7,074
Re: Ask for an exchange, not a repair. nt

Steve Cohan wrote:

yes but on what?! Lens, battery grip, a99ii? As Barry admits, he can't be sure which is the culprit at the moment. Could even be a faulty battery. Only way to be sure is via a scientific process of elimination - helped by the fact that Barry has more than one a99ii.

BARRY - to find out if it is a battery or grip I don't think you necessarily need to needlessly waste 400-500 shutter actuations - if you already have a fairly depleted or very depleted battery try that in position 1 in the grip, with a fully charged battery in position 2 and see what happens - just viewing shots on the rear LCD should deplete the battery quite quickly or doing a bit of Wi-Fi transfer. My a77 grip problems always tended to happen when a battery was about to die and the grip should be switching to battery #2

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow