more A99ii black screen lock ups !

Started Mar 12, 2017 | Discussions thread
OP barrym1966 Senior Member • Posts: 3,406
Re: more A99ii black screen lock ups !

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

barrym1966 wrote:

So I experienced more issues at yesterdays wedding

Thats 2 out of 4 weddings this year where the same A99ii with Zeiss 24mm F2 has thrown up either a System Error or just an Unresponsive blackscreen

It happened 3 times yesterday, fixed by removing batteries. This hasnt happened on the other body with the 70-200

Curious how many of you out there have had this problem. Its very intermittant so hesitant to send it to Sony for repair since they probably wont be able to replicate the fault.

It always happens immediately after taking a photo, usually about 300-400 photos into the day

I do have 2 weeks before the next wedding and am now in the SPS scheme so I can get it back really quickly just wondering if its worth the time since it will probably come back with no fault found, or factory reset so I have to reprogram all my custom buttons !

so it doesn't happen with any other lens?

does it happen both with and without the battery grip on?

Could be a PCB issue on the camera or the lens - need more info to diagnose.

I do not have that lens but so far not seen this on my a99ii and I sometimes shoot >500 on a single job. I don't use a battery grip though.

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansel Adams.

not sure regarding other lenses as that body permanently has the 24mm attached to it. It also permanently has the grip attached so there are a number of possible things that could be a problem. I could switch grips between bodies to atleast eliminate that from the equation.

might need to send both to sony while I have a few weeks of down time

barrym1966's gear list:barrym1966's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Sony a99 II Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow