An excellent AA battery P&S with full manual controls

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
0lf
0lf Senior Member • Posts: 1,060
Re: An excellent AA battery P&S with full manual controls

Humansvillian wrote:

If the beginner would actually download some kind of software to get his smartphone to have PASM controls and learn photography, then what a wonderful world it would be.

But I had a smartphone for years, and all I did was point and shoot it, until curiosity led me to figure out what all those PASM things were on top of the dial of my Canon point and shoot.

Do you realize that the very large majority of user of P&S with PASM use it on auto ?

Within a month, I'd bought a second hand Canon EOS 350D camera, and at that point I realized how slow my Canon SX 150 IS was. A month or so after that, my daughter and I ware at our farm, and I gave her the Canon 350D, and started using my Oly PL1 myself. Now I have a Oly P3 and I"m having a ball, and my daughter actually makes a few dollars taking photos with her decade old DSLR, and has a great time doing it.

I've bought two more PL1's and given them to a couple of more of my kids, too. I've bought several lenses, and now I know what an f stop, aperture, exposure compensation, shutter speed, and ISO are, but I didn't before I caught the photography addiction from the Powershot.

We could have done all that with smartphones, but we didn't.

Looks like you have done all that with some canon and olympus ILC, not the SX150/160

0lf's gear list:0lf's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X70 Apple iPhone 6s
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow