X-T20: Fuji Distribution SNAFU

Started Mar 1, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dick Ginkowski Senior Member • Posts: 1,963
X-T20: Fuji Distribution SNAFU

I like my X-T20 -- but it was a piece of work getting one in my hands because Fuji blew it and there are justifiably angry customers and dealers.

The X-T20 was supposed to be available for shipping on 2/23.  In many cases it wasn't.  Too  many.

First, we all know that good cameras sell out quickly when announced.  That is NOT germane here.

What is relevant is how Fuji pushed back the release date to 2/23 so that it COULD have a supply out to dealers in time for the release date and to hopefully fill early orders.  Across the board that just didn't work out as it should.

The X-T2 (still in short supply) arrived at dealers so that it could be shipped out on the release date.  Many of us actually saw them at dealers before they could be sold.

This time some dealers got them, some didn't and many that didn't have no idea why or when they would get their initial shipment all the while that competitors got product that was sold and shipped out.

If you didn't get the X-T20 that you signed up for last week it's probably not the dealer's fault.  They expected them and are obviously not thrilled dealing with angry customers.

I spoke to enough dealers around the country to have confidence in what I wrote.  For whatever reason Fuji failed both in communication and in logistics.

Dick Ginkowski's gear list:Dick Ginkowski's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 +22 more
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow