Camcorder/camera for novice

Started Feb 28, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abo New Member • Posts: 21
Camcorder/camera for novice

Hi,

My teenage son has taken an interest in video.  For the moment he uses a phone, and surprisingly (at least to me) has managed to turn out and edit some very nice videos, mostly of the save-the-world type for school contests.  He does, however, seem to be reaching the phone's limit.  For instance, he recently wanted to use a mike, but the phone has no input.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what would be a not-too-expensive camcorder or camera-with-video-capabilities?  The useful life of the camera only needs to be a couple of years - by that time I expect him either to have grown tired of video, or become so interested he needs new and better equipment -  , so I'm not sure UHD is necessary.  He has no knowledge of focus (he likes the phone because "everything is in focus"), but he clearly needs to learn, so it would be best to have both the option of a large depth of field and a shorter depth.  I think interchangeable lenses might be too much at this stage.

Thanks for any assistance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow