### February 2017 Garden&Flower Thread ###

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
WhyNot
WhyNot OP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,903
Re: Daffodils

19andrew47 wrote:

I like your spring flowers WN. The opening image and the two in reply to Harri. Looking outside our laundry room window I think if the warm weather we have been having lasted an other couple of days we would have had some daffodils in bloom here as well. There are a couple of thick bunches about a foot tall, but no flowers yet. However the temperature is dropping as I type this and we will have gone from mid teens C all week to 0 tonight.

Thanks for the comment. ...   We're having couple winter days but are promised 70F for the first days a March .. I suspect that we'll pay for this warm weather ..  The flowers seem to be ignoring the cold as long as the sun comes out ...so Spring should continue ...

I had considered going to the orchid show today but changed my mind. Both my wife and I are sensitive to fragrant flowers. I can't say I have ever smelled an orchid but she said they were so we did not go. I thought I was going to have some new flower images to post here on 'your wall'!

Andrew

I have to get pretty close to smell an orchid, although a room full might .....  Yeah ... the wall is pretty bare these days and except for you and me visitors are apparent rare ....  We'll see what happens in the Northern Spring ...

WhyNot

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow