Fuji promoting GFX 50 with topless model shoot?...

Started Feb 25, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sonnycsc Regular Member • Posts: 321
Fuji promoting GFX 50 with topless model shoot?...

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/24/fuji-tried-to-promote-its-new-camera-by-providing-a-half-naked-model-to-photographers-6470997/

Take the guy's outrage with a grain of salt if you will, but it did make me wonder...how many of you guys would feel uncomfortable to be presented a topless model at a camera event to test out a new camera like the Fuji GFX 50 on?

Granted, it doesn't specify which event this was, but the problem is I see Fuji's move here is, even if the model was fine with it, I wouldn't quite be (but without flying into a rage). I come to a photo event to get a hands-on go at a new camera, not to see a surprise strip show where I least expect it. And why topless anyway? Plenty of models wear clothes during shoots. I feel like, had this not been voiced about, Fuji and other companies would be convinced that such things are normal and acceptable in corporate environments.

What do you guys think?

-- hide signature --

www.500px.com/rmimagery

sonnycsc's gear list:sonnycsc's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow