Is 5D III a legend?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
aftab
aftab OP Veteran Member • Posts: 9,302
Re: Is 5D III a legend? NO. It is an expendable consumer appliance..

Daft Punk wrote:

I know some have dismissed the iPhone, but in my opinion that device is even more significant than anything Canon have ever done. In terms of changing society and effectively distributing news and images of our world, the iPhone is perhaps even more significant than the original Leica 35mm. The iPhone has influenced the world and how we access it.

I think explosion of photography is last two decades can be attributed to few factors.

Digital technology and availability of cheap compact cameras (Canon championed it).

Internet, especially the photo sharing sites.

Then came social media and cellphones. These two entities helped each other grow. Take one out, each will have much less impact on our lives.

I don't think anyone here would dismiss the impact of cellphones on photography or society in general. Some of us just pointed out that we were talking about the impact of some dedicated cameras on photography.

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Canon G1 X II Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow